Warm Taco Salad2015-03-16
- Cuisine: American
This recipe serves 4
- 3/4 lb lean ground beef Beef, ground, lean, (approximately 21% fat), raw
- 1 medium onion, chopped Onions, raw
- 2/3 cup taco sauce ( mild to Hot, your choice)
- 1/2 tsp salt Salt, table
- 1 tsp chili powder Spices, chili powder
- 1/2 tsp cumin Spices, cumin seed
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder Spices, garlic powder
- 1/2 cup sour cream Cream, sour, cultured
- 2 cups shredded lettuce Lettuce, iceberg (includes crisphead types), raw
- 1 1/2 cups corn chips Snacks, tortilla chips, unsalted, white corn
- 1 cup shredded Montery or cheddar cheese
- 1 small Avocado Avocados, raw, California
- 1/4 cup sliced pitted black olives Olives, black
- 1/2 cup chopped tomatoes Tomatoes, red, ripe, raw, year round average
In skillet, brown beef and onion over medium high heat , breaking up and lightly browning. Drain off fat.
Plend in taco sauce and seasonings. Reduce heat to medium low; stir for about 5mins til heated and somewhat reduced in liquid. Taste and adjust seasoning.
Stir in sour cream. remove from heat.
Toss with lettuce, tortillas and cheese. Peel and pit Avocado, then chop. Add olives if using, and tomatoes.