Warm Pizza Dip2013-06-20
This dip is a spin on everyone’s favorite… Pizza!
- 1 cup olive oil
- 1 italian sausage hot or mild
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 19 oz can spicy stewed tomatoes, chopped
- 1 tablespoon dried oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon hot pepper sauce
- 1 4 oz package cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
In large heavy skillet over medium high heat, heat oil. Slit sausage casing and remove meat and crumble into skillet. Cook, stirring often for about 2 minutes or until beginning to brown. Add onion and continue to cook for about 3 minutes or until meat is cooked through and onion softened. Drain off any excess fat.
Stir in tomatoes, oregano, and hot pepper sauce, bring to boil, reduce heat and simmer for 5 minutes or until slightly thickened.
Add cream cheese a little at a time, stirring constantly, until melted. Gradually add mozzarella, stirring constantly, until melted.
Transfer to serving dish. Serve warm