- Cuisine: American
I have other recipes of the basic version but this is the one I like the best This recipe serves 8
- 4 leeks or green onions
- 1 small onion, thinly sliced Onions, raw
- 2 Tbs butter Butter, without salt
- 1 quart chicken broth Soup, chicken broth, canned, prepared with equal volume water, commercial
- 1/2 tsp salt Salt, table
- pinch cayenne pepper
- 3 cups light cream Cream, fluid, light (coffee cream or table cream)
- minced chives Chives, raw
Cut leeks or green onions into fine strips; add onion and saute lightly in butter. Stir in potatoes, broth and seasonings. Cover and simmer gently for about 45 mins.
Put through a blender or fine strainer pushing through as much vegetable pulp as possible. Cool, stir in cream and correct seasonings.
Chill thoroughly and garnish individual serving with chives.
Average Member Rating
(0 / 5)
0 people rated this recipe