- Cuisine: American
I have other recipes of the basic version but this is the one I like the best This recipe serves 8
- 4 leeks or green onions
- 1 small onion, thinly sliced Onions, raw
- 2 Tbs butter Butter, without salt
- 1 quart chicken broth Soup, chicken broth, canned, prepared with equal volume water, commercial
- 1/2 tsp salt Salt, table
- pinch cayenne pepper
- 3 cups light cream Cream, fluid, light (coffee cream or table cream)
- minced chives Chives, raw
Cut leeks or green onions into fine strips; add onion and saute lightly in butter. Stir in potatoes, broth and seasonings. Cover and simmer gently for about 45 mins.
Put through a blender or fine strainer pushing through as much vegetable pulp as possible. Cool, stir in cream and correct seasonings.
Chill thoroughly and garnish individual serving with chives.