Tomato Orange Ginger Soup2014-12-19
- Cuisine: American
This recipe serves 6
- 4 1/2 cups chicken stock Soup, chicken broth, canned, prepared with equal volume water, commercial
- 1/2 cup orange juice Orange juice, raw
- 1 orange orange rind, finely julienned Orange juice, raw
- 2 Tbs ginger in syrup, finely julienned
- 1 Tbs tomato paste Tomato products, canned, paste, with salt added
- 4 tomatoes, peeled and seeded and julienned Tomatoes, red, ripe, raw, year round average
- 1/4 tsp ground ginger Ginger root, raw
- salt and pepper to taste Peppers, sweet, red, cooked, boiled, drained, with salt
- mint leaves and chopped orange slices to garnish
In a large pot combine chicken stock, orange juice, orange rind, julienned ginger and tomato paste; bring to boill and simmer for 5 mins.
Stir in the tomatoes, ground ginger, salt and pepper. Heat over moderate heat for 5 mins.or til heated through.
Ladle the soup into heated bowls and garnish.