Strawberry Shortcake Trifle2015-02-16
- Cuisine: American
This excellent either using the original or the healthy version See (Brackets) This recipe serves 6
- 1 pint strawberries Strawberries, raw
- 2 Tbs sugar (SPLENDA)
- 2 cups Vanilla pudding (sugar free/fat free)
- 1 3 oz package cream cheese (1/3 less or fat free), softened
- 2 cups shortcake or pound cake (Angel food cake), 1/2" cubes
- Whipped cream (Cool Whip)
Hull and slice berries to make 1 cup. reserve 3 or 4 berries for garnish.
Put berries around the sides of a clear bowl, place remaining berries in blender-- add sugar. Cover and blend.
Mix pudding and cream cheese with a beater. Place half of cake in the bottom of the dish. Pour half pureed berries over cake, repeat layers.
Cool and chill up to 24 hours. Frost with Cool Whip. Before serving garnish with the reserved berries.