Spicy Potatoes Boulangere2015-03-14
- Cuisine: American
This recipe serves 6
- 1 tbsp olive oil Oil, olive, salad or cooking
- 3 tsp olive oil Oil, olive, salad or cooking
- 1 leek, green and white parts , chopped finely
- 3 cloves garlic , peeled and minced Garlic, raw
- 2 tbsp finely chopped fresh parsley Parsley, raw
- 1½ cups grated Gruyere cheese Cheese, gruyere
- ½ tsp salt Salt, table
- ¼ tsp freshly ground pepper.
- 2½ lbs waxy, yellow or white fleshed potatoes, well scrubbed, unpeeled and sliced crosswise
- 1 fresh jalapeno pepper, seeded and minced Peppers, jalapeno, raw
- 1 cup chicken stock or water
In a saute or frying pan over medium heat, warm 1 tbsp oil. Add leek and saute, stirring, until softened, 4-5 minutes. Remove from heat. Preheat oven 375F. Coat 3qt baking dish with nonstick cooking spray. In a small bowl, combine garlic, parsley, gruyere cheese, salt pepper and leeks Arrange one-third of the potato slices in the bottom of the prepared dish . Sprinkle with one-third of the leek mixture and the one-half of the minced jalapeno. Drizzle with 1 tsp.of the olive oil. Layer half of the remaining potatoes on top , sprinkle with one half of the leek mixture and all of the jalapeno . Layer the remaining potaotes on top. Pour stock over potatoes and sprinkle with remaining leek mixture. Drizzle the remaining oil over the top. Coat one side of a sheet of foil , large enough to cover the casserole with non stick cooking spray. Place over the dish, srpayed side down, crimping to seal Bakek for 30 minutes. Remove foil and continuebaking until top is brown andcrusty, and the potatoes are tender, 30-40 minutes longer. To serve, cool 5 minutes before transferring to a sereving platter, cutting in wedges .