Spiced Cheese Stuffed Pepper Rings2013-06-20
- Servings : 8
Attractive do ahead starter
- 1 lb cream cheese, room temperature
- 4 oz shredded guyere cheese
- 1/4 cup unsalted butter, room temperature
- 1 Tbs dijon mustard
- 2 tsp imported sweet Hungarian paprika (or 3)
- 12 slices spicy italian salami, chopped
- 6 pieces green onion, minced
- 3 each sweet red and green bell peppers, stemmed, trimmed, deveined,and seeded
- fresh spinach or lettuce leaves
- salt and freshly ground pepper
Combine cream cheese, Gruyere,butter, mustard and paprika in processor and mix until smooth. Turn into medium bowl. Add salami and green onion, mixing until well blended. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
Stuff peppers with cheese mixture packing down with back of spoon. Chill for several hours or overnight
Arrange spinach and/or lettuce leaves on plates. Carefully thinly slice peppers and arrange in a fan shape (alternating colours) on top.