- Cuisine: American
This recipe serves 2
- 1 10oz can beef consomme Soup, beef broth, bouillon, consomme, prepared with equal volume water, commercial
- 1 6 oz can tomato juice
- 1 5" piece celery Celery, raw
- 1 Tbs lemon juice Lemon juice, raw
- 1/2 tsp Worcestershire sauce Sauce, Worcestershire
- 1/2 tsp lemon rind Lemon juice, raw
- 1/4 tsp sugar Sugars, granulated
- 3 juniper berries
- freshly ground pepper Spices, pepper, black
- 2 slices lemon, garnish Lemon juice, raw
- 1 bay leaf Spices, bay leaf, crumbled
Combine all ingredients except lemon slices in saucepan and bring to boil.
Reduce heat and simmer 2-3 mins. Remove celery, bay leaf and juniper berries.
Pour into mugs and garnish each with slice lemon