A little Italian twist on sauteed shrimps!
- 2 lbs large shrimp, shelled and deveined
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1/2 lb prosciutto, thinly sliced
- 1/2 lb mozzarella cheese, thinly sliced
- ANCHOVY GARLIC SAUCE
- 1 1/2 cups brown sauce
- 1 2 oz tin anchovies, drained and mashed
- 1 2oz jar capers, drained
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 Tbs finely chopped fresh parsley
- salt and pepper, to taste
Shell and devein the shrimps. Saute lightly in about 1/4 cup of olive oil, stirring them constantly, until they are light gold in colour. Remove the shrimps from the pan and roll each in a thin slice of prosciutto. Cover each wrapped shrimp with a small slice of mozzarella cheese, and arrange them cheese side up in a single layer in a shallow baking dish.
Bake the shrimps in a moderate oven 350F until they are cooked through and the cheese begins to melt. This will not take long.Serve hot with anchovy garlic sauce.
ANCHOVY GARLIC SAUCE:In a saucepan combine brown sauce, anchovies, capers, garlic and parsley. Salt and pepper to taste. Heat the mixture and serve.