Shrimp and Bacon Stuffed Baby Potatoes2013-06-20
Great change from a cracker base!
- 14 tiny new potatoes (1 1/4 lbs total)
- 2 tbsp Dijon mustard
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 2 tsp Old Bay Seasoning ---Divided into two portions
- 1 8oz pkg frozen peeled, cooked shrimp, thawed, drained and chopped
- 4 oz pkg cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup shredded Gouda cheese (4 oz)
- 5 slices bacon, crisp cooked, drained and crumbled
- ¼ cup snipped fresh chives
Preheat oven to 425F Cut potatoes an half lengthwise. Using a melon baller or a very small spoon, scoop out potato pulp, leaving a ¼" shell. Cut a thin slice off the bottom of each to keep potatoes up right. Place potatoes cut sides up, in 15x10x1 inch baking pan. In a bowl, combine mustard, oil and 1 teaspoon of Old Bay seasoning, Brush the hollowed out potatoes with the mustard mixture. Bake 30 minutes or until potatoes are tender. Remove from oven. Meanwhile, for filling: In a small bowl combine shrimp, cream cheese, gouda cheese, bacon, and the remaining 1 tsp of Old Bay seasoning. Spoon filling into potatoes shells mounding slightly. Bake for 12-15 mins more or until filling is heated through and cheese is melted. Serve warm or at room temperature. If desired, garnish with chives.