- Cuisine: American
Excellent tomato vegetable soup This recipe serves
- 9 whole plum tomatoes, quartered lengthwise
- 3 whoe red bell peppers, quartered and seeded
- 2 red onions, trimmed and cut into 8 wedges Onions, red
- 2 cloves garlic, quartered lengthwise Garlic, raw
- 1 tsp kosher or sea salt
- freshly ground black pepper Spices, pepper, black
- 1 tsp paprika Spices, paprika
- 1 tsp chopped fresh thyme Spices, thyme, fresh
- 6 large fresh basil leaves, chopped Spices, basil, ground
- 1/3 cup extra virgin olive oil Oil, olive, salad or cooking
- 2 cups chicken broth Soup, chicken broth, canned, prepared with equal volume water, commercial
- 1/4 cup heavy cream Cream, fluid, heavy whipping
Heat the oven to 450F. Place the tomatoes, peppers, onions, and garlic in a single layer in a large roasting pan.
Sprinkle with the salt, pepper, paprika, thyme, basil,and drizzle with the olive oil.
Toss to coat the vegetables with spices and oil.
Roast for 45 minutes, turning every 15 minutes. Remove from oven and let cool for 10 to 15 minutes.
Purree the vegetables with the broth in batches until smooth.
Transfer the puree to a saucepan and cook over low heat. Stir in the cream and heat the soup until warmed through but not boiling.
Average Member Rating
(0 / 5)
0 people rated this recipe