Salt Crusted Prime Rib Roast2014-12-01
- Cuisine: American
This recipe serves
- 2 cups Kosher or sea salt
- 1/4 cup Peppercorns, black or a blend Spices, pepper, black
- 3 tbsp fresh chopped Rosemary (or 1 1/2 tbsp dry) Rosemary, fresh
- 1/3 cup water or beef broth Soup, beef broth, bouillon, consomme, prepared with equal volume water, commercial
- 1 Rib roast with 4 ribs (8-10 lbs)
Preheat oven to 450 F. Coat a baking dish that will fit your size roast with non-stick spray.
Combine the salt, peppercorns and rosemary in a bowl. One mixed slowly add the water or broth to the mix and stir until it is like a slush.
Pat the beef dry and place bone side down in the prepared dish. Carefully rub the mixture over the meat to form a 1/4 to 1/2 inch layer.
Place roast in oven and immediately reduce to 325F. Roast until a thermometer reaches your desired temperature. Approximately 2 1/2 hours for medium rare.
Remove roast from oven and tent with foil allowing it to rest for 15 minutes. Remove crust before serving.
Average Member Rating
(0 / 5)
0 people rated this recipe