Roasted Garlic and Brie Soup2015-03-14
- Cuisine: American
This recipe serves 6
- 3 heads garlic, separated into cloves Garlic, raw
- 6 Tbs olive oil Oil, olive, salad or cooking
- 1 medium onion, finely chopped Onions, raw
- 2 stalks celery, finely chopped Celery, raw
- 1 carrot, finely chopped Carrots, raw
- 1/4 cup flour Wheat flour, white, all-purpose, enriched, unbleached
- 6 cups chicken stock Soup, chicken broth, canned, prepared with equal volume water, commercial
- 1 tsp fresh oregano (1/2 tsp dried), chopped Spices, oregano, ground
- 1 tsp fresh thyme (1/2 tsp dried), chopped Spices, thyme, ground
- 7 oz Brie, rind removed & cut into pieces Cheese, brie
- Ground white pepper Spices, pepper, white
Preheat oven 325F. Place garlic cloves in middle of glass baking dish. Drizzle with 2 Tbsp. oil. Cover with foil. Bake garlic til golden about 30 mins. Cool on rack.
Heat remaining oil in heavy pot over med heat. Add onion , saute 10 mins. Add carrots and celery, saute another 10 mins. Add flour & stir 3 mins. Gradually add stock.
Bring to boil & stirring frequently. Reduce heat to med-low & simmer to thicken slightly, stirring occassionally about 15 mins.
Peel garlic & transfer to processor. Add 1 cup soup to garlic. Puree til smooth. Return to saucepot. Stir in the oregano and thyme.
CAN DO 1 DAY AHEAD TO THIS POINT.Cover & refrigerate.
Bring soup to simmer over medium low heat. Gradually add brie , stirring til melted after each adddition. Season to taste with pepper
Garnish with chopped thyme
Average Member Rating
(0 / 5)
0 people rated this recipe