Renaissance Almond Broth2014-12-23
- Cuisine: American
This recipe serves 4
- 4 cups chicken stock Soup, chicken broth, canned, prepared with equal volume water, commercial
- 1 clove garlic Garlic, raw
- 1 cup blanched slivered almonds Nuts, almonds, dry roasted, without salt added
- pinch cinnamon
- 1 bunch chives & scallion
- 2 3 oz boned skinned chicken breast, semi frozen
- salt and pepper Peppers, sweet, red, cooked, boiled, drained, with salt
In a pan, bring stock to boil. Peel garlic & process with almonds & cinnamon in a blender til almonds are powdered. Add to stock & remove from heat. Steep 30 mins.
Wash & dry chives and scallions. Cut enough to make 2 tbsp of 1" pieces. Set aside
About 10 mins prior to serving, take chicken & sliver or shred. Place on plate in a singel layer and season. Then 5 mins before serving, strain broth through cheesecloth or fine sieve.
Return to heat and bring to simmer. Check seasonings. Just before serving add chicken and increase heat for a few mins.
Serve immediately in bowls and garnish with chive pieces
Average Member Rating
(0 / 5)
0 people rated this recipe