Red Pepper Cheddar Dip2013-06-20
- Yield : 2 cups
Use as a dip for veggies or chips, use as sauce for hot asparagus or green beans or as a spread on roast beef sandwich. Very versatile.
- 3/4 cup sharp white cheddar cheese, shredded
- 4 oz cream cheese, softened
- 1/4 cup plain yogurt or sour cream
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup bottled roasted red peppers , diced
- 2 tsp Tabasco
- salt to taste
- 3 pcs thick-sliced bacon, crumbled
- 3 scallions, sliced ( 1/2c)
- Flavoured breadsticks
Blend all ingredients except bacon and scallions in a food processor until fairly smooth. Saute bacon until crisp, drain. Reserve some bacon bits for garnish, then fold the remainder into the cheese mixture. Chill at least 1 hour. Garnish dip with reserved bacon and scallions. Serve with breadsticks,sliced cucumber or rounds of sliced toasted baguettes.