- Cuisine: American
Glenys recipe This recipe serves 6
- 5 Tbs melted butter Butter, without salt
- 3 Tbs flour Wheat flour, white, all-purpose, enriched, unbleached
- 3/4 cup chopped onion Onions, raw
- 170 g portabella mushrooms (approx 6oz), cut into 2.5 cm pieces
- salt to taste Salt, table
- 2 cups milk Milk, reduced fat, fluid, 2% milkfat, with added vitamin A
- 2 cups heavy cream Cream, fluid, heavy whipping
- 1/4 tsp ground black pepper Spices, pepper, black
- 1/4 tsp dried thyme Spices, thyme, ground
- 2 Tbs sweet sherry
Melt 3 tbsp butter in saucepan over medium heat, add flour and make a roux. Cook one minute, remove from heat.
In another pan, saute the onions in remaining butter, add mushrooms with 2 Tbsp water, salt lightly,reduce heat , cover and let sit on low heat for about 10 minutes.
Add cream, milk,pepper and thyme. Stir constantly and bring to a boil. Stir in the roux, add sherry and whisk over medium heat until soup thickens