Poached Chicken Strips with Ginger Orange Sauce2015-03-14
- Cuisine: American
Tasty diet recipe which is colourful as well This recipe serves 6
- 4 large chicken breast halves, skinless and boneless cut in 1/2 strips Chicken, broilers or fryers, breast, meat only, raw
- 1/2 tsp salt Salt, table
- freshly ground pepper Spices, pepper, black
- 1 cup fresh orange juice Orange juice, raw
- 3 cups chicken stock Soup, chicken broth, canned, prepared with equal volume water, commercial
- 3 inch piece fresh ginger root, peeled and cut in chunks Ginger root, raw
- 3 large navel oranges, zest julienned from one and then flesh segmented from both
- 1/4 tsp aromatic bitters
- 1 tsp bourbon Alcoholic beverage, distilled, all (gin, rum, vodka, whiskey) 80 proof
- 2 Tbs light cream cheese Cheese, cream
- 1 Tbs cornstarch Cornstarch
- I ADDED THE FOLLOWING TO THE SAUCE BUT SUGGEST YOU TRY THE ORIGINAL FIRST.
- 1/2 tsp curry powder Spices, curry powder
- 1 clove garlic, minced Garlic, raw
- 1 1/2 Tbs 57 Sauce Sauce, Worcestershire
- and a little less juice and stock
Place chicken pieces in a bowl. Salt and pepper then cover with OJ. Coat well and marinate at least 1 hour. Remove chicken and set side. Place marinade in pan with 2 cups stock and some salt and pepper. Squeeze garlic and ginger through garlic press. Bring to boil, reduce heat & simmer a few minutes. Remove from heat, let steep for 15 mins. Place zest in a small pan. Cover with 1/2 cup stock, bitters and bourbon. Cook til liquid is almost gone, set aside. In another pan place orange segments & remaining 1/2 cup of stock. Cover and set aside.
Return poaching liquid to boil, add chicken, reduce heat. Simmer about 1 minutes til all chicken is cooked. Remove chicken and keep warm. In a bowl, mix cheese, curry,57 sauce and cornstarch. Add 1/2 C hot liquid and blend. Add to poaching liquid, whisking til smooth and thick. 2-3 mins. Heat orange segments. Spoon some sauce over chicken. Garnish with zest. Lift out orange segments and arrange around chicken. Pass remaining sauce separately.
Average Member Rating
(0 / 5)
0 people rated this recipe