Pickled Nectarine Salad2013-07-30
- Servings : 4
- Prep Time : 15m
- Ready In : 25m
Adapted from Bon Appetit, a wonderfully refreshing salad that is both sweet and tangy at the same time.
- 2 nectarines, thinly sliced
- 1/4 small red onion, thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup white wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- salt and pepper to taste
- 6 cups of arugula
- 1 cup of fresh mint leaves, chopped
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 8 ounces fresh mozzarella, torn into small pieces
Toss nectarines, red onion, vinegar, sugar, salt and pepper in a large bowl. Let sit for 10 to 20 minutes.
Pour off the liquid and reserve 2-3 tablespoons of it. In the large bowl, add arugula, mint, olive oil and reserved liquid and toss to combine.
Place mozzarella on plates, top with salad.