Lemon Meringue Pie2015-01-24
- Cuisine: American
This recipe serves 8
- 3 Tbs flour Wheat flour, white, all-purpose, enriched, unbleached
- 3 Tbs cornstarch Cornstarch
- 1 cup white sugar Sugars, granulated
- pinch salt
- 1 1/2 cups boiling water Water, municipal
- 2 egg yolks Egg, yolk, raw, fresh
- 1 Tbs butter Butter, without salt
- 1/4 cup lemon juice ( I use more like 1/3 cup) Lemon juice, raw
- 1 lemon rind, grated finely Lemon juice, raw
- 1 baked pie crust Pie crust, standard-type, frozen, ready-to-bake, baked
- Meringue Pie, lemon meringue, commercially prepared
- 2 egg whites Egg, white, raw, fresh
- dash salt
- 3 Tbs fruit (extra fine) white sugar
For filling: Mix dry ingredients, add boiling water. Whisk while cooking until it is smooth and the is no taste of raw starch( about 10 minutes). Beat the egg yolks and then while whisking add some of the hot mixture to them. Return to stove and cook 2-3 minutes longer.
Remove from heat , add butter,lemon juice and rind as the mixture cools.
Pour into a baked pie shell, cover with meringue to the edge. Bake at 300 F until meringue is browned. Cool gradually.
For meringue: Beat egg whites and salt until stiff but not dry (should be a little glossy). Add gradually about 1/2 Tbsp at a time, beating it in well after each addition.
Mound roughly on pie, ensuring filling is cover to crust edge
Average Member Rating
(0 / 5)
0 people rated this recipe