Hot Potato Salad2015-03-08
- Cuisine: American
This recipe serves 5
- 4 1 1/4lb potato Potatoes, raw, flesh and skin
- 6 slices bacon Pork, cured, bacon, raw
- 1/3 cup cider vinegar Vinegar, cider
- 1 Tbs brown sugar Sugars, brown
- 1/8 tsp black pepper Spices, pepper, black
- 1 tsp salt Salt, table
- 1/4 tsp dry mustard Spices, mustard dry
- 1 egg, slightly beaten Egg, whole, raw, fresh
- 1/2 cup green onion, chopped Onions, green, spring or scallions (includes tops and bulb), raw
- 1/2 cup green pepper, chopped Peppers, sweet, green, raw
Rinse potatoes and pat dry with a paper towel . Place paper towel lined tray from oven. Prick potatoes with tooth pick. Heat 9-12 mins. or until cooked throughout.Let stand for 5 mins before removing skin.
Place bacon on a rack in a shallow dish, cover with paper towel. Heat 4-51/2 mins or until crisp. Crumble baconand set aside. Pour dripping into glass measuring cup. Add vinegar, brown sugar, seasonings and egg. Stir together. Heat 45 seconds to 1 mins or til mixture thickens, stirring once.
Cube potatoes into 2 qt casserole; add onions green pepper and crumbled bacon. Pour dressing over vegetables. Combine and serve warm