Guacamole In Cherry Tomatoes2014-09-30
A pretty and tasty mouthful. Perfect colors for a Christmas holiday appetizer.
- 1 jar (5oz) cocktail onion(preferably sweet)
- 1 can (7 1/2oz) frozen avocado, defrosted or deli prepared
- 2 tsp green onion, finely chopped
- 2 tsp imitation bacon bits
- 1/2 tsp worcestershire sauce
- 2 pints cherry tomato (about 36) (NOT GRAPE tomatoes)
Combine avocado, green onions, bacon bits, and Worcestershire sauce in a small bowl
Cut thin slices off the top of the tomatoes; scoop out seeds and pulp with a melon scoop or small measuring spoon. Turn over to drain on paper towel
Spoon about 1 teaspoon guacamole filling into each tomato.
Garnish each with a cocktail onion
The use of prepared avocado makes this easy but feel free to make your own. Also prep the tomatoes the night before and refrigerate