Curried Chicken Pate2013-06-20
A great pate for those who shy away from the liver ones.
- 2 cups cooked chicken breast, chopped
- 1/2 Granny Smith apple, peeled and quartered
- 1 large shallot, quartered
- 1/2 cup butter or margarine, softened
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp curry powder
- 1 tsp lemon juice
- hot mango chutney
- Garnishes: Italian parsley sprig and chopped pimiento
Process first three ingredients in a food processor until smooth, stopping to scrape down sides. Add butter and next 3 ingredients; process until smooth.
Spoon mixture into a lightly greased 6X3 inch loaf pan. Cover and chill 8 hours.
Serve with hot mango chutney and beaten biscuits or crackers. Garnish if desired