Crepes au Grand Marnier2015-02-28
- Cuisine: American
This is the easiest way to make crepes ahead and for a group. It can be doubled or tripled; just do not jam into too small a baking dish This recipe serves 4
- 1 1/2 cup Basic Crepe Batter with 1 tsp sugar added with oil or butter (recipe in miscellaneous)
- 1/4 cup Grand Marnier or other orange-flavored liqueur Alcoholic beverage, liqueur, Grand Marnier
- 1/4 cup orange juice Orange juice, raw
- Confectioners' sugar for dusting
- Orange slices for decoration
- For Filling
- 1 cup confectioner's sugar
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter Butter, without salt
- grated rind of 1 orange Oranges, raw, all commercial varieties
Prepare batter, cover and let stand at least 30 mins.
To make the filling: cream the butter with the grated orange rind, beat in the confectioner's sugar and continue beating until the mixture is light and soft.
Fry the crepes and stack them on a warm plate. Spread each crepe with orange butter, roll and arrange them on a buttered heatproof platter.
A short time before serving, in a pan heat the orange juice and Grand Marnier or orange liqueur until almost boiling. pour it over the crepes, arrange the orange slices on top and sprinkle with confectioner's sugar.
Bake the crepes in a hot oven (400 degrees F ) for 7-10 minutes or until the crepes are very hot and the sugar is caramelized
Serve at once
Average Member Rating
(0 / 5)
0 people rated this recipe