Cream of Mushroom Soup2014-12-05
- Cuisine: American
Glenys’ recipe This recipe serves 4
- 1 3/4 cups sliced mushrooms Mushrooms, raw
- 2 Tbs onion, finely chopped Onions, raw
- 3 Tbs butter Butter, without salt
- 3 Tbs flour, 1/2" cubes Wheat flour, white, all-purpose, enriched, unbleached
- 1/2 tsp salt Salt, table
- 1/8 tsp pepper Spices, pepper, black
- 4 cups milk Milk, reduced fat, fluid, 2% milkfat, with added vitamin A
- 2 cubes chicken bouillon cube, 1/2" cubes
- 1 tbsp Ketchup Catsup
- 1/2 tsp worcestershire sauce Sauce, Worcestershire
- 1 Tbs chives, chopped Chives, raw
In large pan saute mushrooms and onions in butter until tender.
Blend in flour, salt and pepper. Gradually add milk,bouillon cubes, ketchup and worcestershire sauce.
Cook over medium heat, stirring constantly until thick.
Add chives as garnish