Corn Pancakes Three Meals a Day1970-01-01
- Cuisine: American
Pleasant change from the normal This recipe serves 4
- 1 cup cream style corn, A good brand is best
- 2 large eggs, well beaten Egg, whole, raw, fresh
- 1 1/4 cups milk Milk, reduced fat, fluid, 2% milkfat, with added vitamin A
- 2 cups flour Wheat flour, white, all-purpose, enriched, unbleached
- 2 1/2 tsp baking powder Leavening agents, baking powder, double-acting, sodium aluminum sulfate
- 1/2 tsp salt Salt, table
- 1 Tbs sugar Sugars, granulated
- 1 1/2 Tbs melted butter Butter, without salt
To the corn add the well-beaten eggs and milk. Mix and sift the dry ingredients. Add liquid ingredients slowly and mix until smooth. Add cooled melted butter.
Drop in spoonfuls on hot, well-greased skillet or griddle. To test temperature of skillet drop a few drops of water on the it They should jump around before evaporating. DO NOT LET THE SKILLET GET TOO HOT.
When bubbles form on the top, turn and brown on the other side. Serve hot with maple syrup.