Company Cauliflower Broccoli2015-02-06
- Cuisine: American
This is a different version of creamed cauliflower/broccoli This recipe serves 6
- 1/2 head cauliflower, in florets
- 1/2 head broccoli, in florets
- salt Salt, table
- 1 cup sour cream Cream, sour, cultured
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise Salad dressing, mayonnaise type, regular, with salt
- 1/2 tsp season salt Salt, seasoned
- 1/4 tsp pepper Spices, pepper, black
- dash garlic powder
- 6 oz grated sharp cheddar cheese Sauce, NESTLE, CHEF-MATE Sharp Cheddar Cheese Sauce, ready-to-serve
- 2 slices bacon, cooked and crumbled Pork, cured, bacon, raw
- paprika Spices, paprika
Cook broccoli and cauliflower by steaming until tender crisp. (can be done ahead of time). Lightly grease the bottom of a casserole with olive oil. Place cauliflower and broccoli in the casserole. Mix sour cream,mayonnaise , season salt, pepper,garlic powder in a bowl and mix. Pour over vegetables , sprinkle with bacon and cheese. Now sprinkle lightly with paprika.
When you are 20 mins from serving, heat oven to 350F. When up to temperature place casserole in the oven and heat 10 mins. Now put your broiler on and broil casserole until browned on the top. Serve immediately.