Chilled Almond Soup2014-12-21
- Cuisine: American
This recipe serves 4
- 7 oz unblanched almonds ( preferably Spanish) never ready-blanched
- 7 fl oz Spanish olive oil
- 3 cloves garlic, peeled Garlic, raw
- 2 dessertspoons dry spanish sherry
- 2 level tsp salt or to taste
- 8 ice cubes Water, municipal
- 4 oz grapes, deseeded and halved
- toasted almond slivers
First, blanch almonds. To do this place them in a heatproof bowl, pour in enough boiling water to cover and leave them aside for 3-4 mins. Then drain them in a colander and simply squeeze them out of their skins into bowl. After that , put the almonds in the blender and pour in the olive oil. the oil should just cover the almonds, if you need more add a little. Then add the garlic, sherry and salt and liquefy until smooth. Now, with the motor still running slowly add about 12 oz of cold water. Taste for seasonings. Pour soup into large bowl and if it seems too thick add a little more water. Then cover bowl with clingfilm and keep it well chilled until you're ready to serve.
just before serving, stir in the ice cubes and ladle the soup into the chilled bowls. Garnish with grapes and toasted almond slivers.
Average Member Rating
(0 / 5)
0 people rated this recipe