Chili Infused Chicken Skewers2014-11-18
Sambal Chicken Skewers
Kebabs get a bad rap. (Decades of alternating zucchini cois and cherry tomatoes can do that.) But this Asian take, with a spicy, sticky glaze, makes for a very convincing comeback.
- 1/2 cup (packed) light brown sugar
- 1/2 cup unseasoned rice vinegar
- 1/3 cup hot chili paste (such as sambal oelek)
- 1/4 cup fish sauce (such as nam pla or nuoc nam)
- 1/4 cup Sriracha
- 2 teaspoon finely grated peeled ginger
- 1 1/2 pounds skinless, boneless chicken thighs, cut into 1 1/2-inch–2-inch pieces
- 8 bamboo skewers soaked in water at least 1 hour
Ingredient infoHot chili paste is available at Asian markets and many supermarkets.
Prepare grill for medium-high heat. Whisk brown sugar, vinegar, chili paste, fish sauce, Sriracha, and ginger in a large bowl. Add chicken and toss to coat. Thread 4 or 5 chicken pieces onto each skewer.
Transfer marinade to a small saucepan. Bring to a boil, reduce heat, and simmer until reduced by half (about 1 cup), 7–10 minutes.
Grill chicken, turning and basting often with reduced marinade, until cooked through, 8–10 minutes.
Average Member Rating
(0 / 5)
0 people rated this recipe