Chicken Tortilla Casserole2010-02-03
This recipe originally came from Elaine, but I have stolen it and made it my own. I asked her a couple months ago for an easy recipe for a pot luck dinner I was attending. She pulled this one out, saying she hadn’t had it in 20 years, but she remembered it being a hit. So I tried it, brought it to my friends apartment and…. it was a HIT! I came home with an empty dish that night.
I’ve made it a couple more times for my roommate and whoever can come over on a given night. It has become one of my favorite things to make and truly is a comfort food. Which is especially nice with this weather we have been having in DC. The directions are very easy, but like any casserole it takes some time to make, so planning is necessary. Making it the night before seems to be the best bet. I made this on Monday night and heated it up on Tuesday when I got home from work. Since its so easy to reheat, its perfect for someone like myself who doesn’t have a family to feed because I can take my leftovers to work.
- 4 baked chicken breasts, shredded
- 1 lb of shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 can of cream of mushroom soup
- 1 can of cream of chicken soup
- 1 onion, chopped
- 3/4 cup milk
- 4 flour tortillas, torn into strips
- 1 cup of chile salsa
- Cook chicken and tear into shreds
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- Combine soup, milk, salsa, and the onion in a bowl
- In a greased casserole dish, layer 1/2 of your strips of tortilla, 1/2 of the chicken, 1/2 of the cheese and 1/2 of soup mix. Then repeat with what is left.
- Cook in the oven for 45 minutes.
Average Member Rating
(0 / 5)
0 people rated this recipe