Chicken Dried Cherry and Walnut Salad2015-02-19
- Cuisine: American
A wonderful change from the ordinary with bit of kick This recipe serves 6
- 1 1/4 lbs boneless chicken, 1/2" cubes Soup, chicken broth, canned, prepared with equal volume water, commercial
- 1 1/4 cups celery, thinly sliced Celery, raw
- 1 1/4 cups walnuts, coarsely chopped and toasted Nuts, walnuts, english
- 3/4 cup dried tart cherries, *about 3 oz Cherries, sour, red, canned, water pack, solids and liquids (includes USDA commodity red tart cherries, canned)
- 3/4 cup mayonnaise Salad dressing, mayonnaise type, regular, with salt
- 1/2 cup parsley, chopped Parsley, raw
- 2 Tbs lemon juice, fresh Lemon juice, raw
- 1 tsp hot sauce Sauce, ready-to-serve, pepper or hot
Cook chicken for 25 minutes or substitute canned premium chicken then cube
Mix chicken and all ingredients in large bowl. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
Serve on bed of lettuce or in sandwich bread. Best if served chilled.