Chichen & Salsa Soup2014-12-05
- Cuisine: American
This recipe serves 4
- 1 3/4 cups water Water, municipal
- 14 1/2 oz chicken broth Soup, chicken broth, canned, prepared with equal volume water, commercial
- 1/2 lb skinless boneless chicken breast, slivered or chunked Chicken, broilers or fryers, breast, meat only, raw
- 2 tsp chili powder Spices, chili powder
- 1 11oz can mexican corn, drained HEALTHY CHOICE Chicken Enchilada Suprema in Green Chili Sauce, Mexican Style Rice, Corn Medley, and Apple Raspberry Compote, frozen meal
- 1 cup chunky style garden salsa
- 3 cups broken corn tortilla chips Snacks, tortilla chips, unsalted, white corn
- 2 oz cheese ( montrey jack,cheddar or a nacho mix), shredded
In a 3 qt pan, combine water,broth chicken & chili powder.
Bring to boil then reduce heat, cover and simmer 8 mins.
Add drained corn. Simmer uncovered for 5 mins more.
Stir in salsa and heat through.
Serve in big bowls, topped with tortilla chips and shredded cheese