Cheddar Tomato Soup2014-12-08
- Cuisine: American
This recipe I got from a friend somewhere I lived . That friend I owe the credits to but I did a minor modification of my own Great for a meal after Skiing when you add fresh bread. This recipe serves 6
- 14 whole fresh tomatoes Tomatoes, red, ripe, raw, year round average
- 3 small onions, chopped Onions, raw
- 1/2 cup celery, diced Celery, raw
- 1 cup chicken stock Soup, chicken broth, canned, prepared with equal volume water, commercial
- 1 cup cream Cream, fluid, heavy whipping
- 1 tsp ground basil or 1Tbsp finely chopped Basil Spices, basil, ground
- Salt and pepper to taste Peppers, sweet, red, cooked, boiled, drained, with salt
- 1 dash Worcestershire sauce Sauce, Worcestershire
- 8 oz cheddar cheese, shredded Cheese, cheddar
Combine tomatoes, onions,and celery in food processor and blend until coarsely chopped. Pour into large pan, add chicken stock,and bring to a boil over medium heat.
Simmer, uncovered, for 20 mins. Add cream . Season with basil,salt and pepper and worcestershire sauce. Cook over very low heat for five mins. Add cheese and cook, stirring constantly until the cheese melts. Serve AT ONCE.