Carrot Salad (Karottensalat)2015-03-11
- Cuisine: American
German salad This recipe serves 8
- 6 large carrots, peeled and coarsely grated Carrots, raw
- 1/2 cup sour cream Cream, sour, cultured
- 1/4 cup green onion, finely chopped Onions, green, spring or scallions (includes tops and bulb), raw
- 3 Tbs white vinegar Vinegar, white
- 2 Tbs fresh parsley, minced Parsley, raw
- 4 tsp horseradish, drained Horseradish, prepared
- 2 tsp Dusseldorf mustard
- 1/2 tsp salt Salt, table
- pinch sugar
- pepper to taste Spices, pepper, black
Take carrots (about 4 cups) and place in a bowl. In a bowl, stir together sour cream, onions, vinegar, parsley, horseradish, mustard salt sugar and pepper to taste.
Add carrots; mix until well blended. Taste and adjust seasoning.
Can be made ahead of time, covered and refrigerated but if you do this; toss and test seasonings again