Avocado Pistachio Pate With Herb Toasts2013-06-20
- 1 1/2 cups mashed avocado
- 1 125 gram package cream cheese
- 2 green shallots, chopped
- 1 small clove garlic, crushed
- 1 tsp lemon juice
- 1/4 tsp chili powder
- 2 Tbs pistachio nut, chopped
- 1 tsp chopped fresh parsley
- HERB TOASTS
- 2 rounds Lebanese bread
- 40 g butter, melted
- 1/2 tsp dried Basil
- 1/2 tsp dried rosemary leaves
- 1/2 tsp dried thyme leaves
Blend or process avocado, cheese, shallots, garlic, juice and chilli until smooth.
Line 2 moulds (1 cup capacity) with plastic wrap. Sprinkle nuts into base of each mould. Pour in avocado mixture.
Cover and refrigerate 3 hours or until set.
Just before serving unmold pate, remove plastic, sprinkle lightly with parsley. Serve with herb toasts
Split bread rounds horizontally. Brush each half with butter, sprinkle with combined herbs.
Place on oven trays, bake in moderate oven for about 10 minutes or until lightly browned; cool and break rounds into pieces