- Servings : 12
- 24 spears asparagus
- 1 8 oz package cream cheese, softened
- 1 4 oz package blue cheese, crumbled
- 2 Tbs mayonnaise
- 1 Tbs fresh chives, sliced
- 12 slices bread, trimmed
- 12 slices deli ham, thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup butter or margarine, melted
- green onion curl, red bell pepper for garnish
Snap off tough ends of asparagus and remove scales from stalks with a vegetable peeler, if desired. Arrange asparagus in a steamer basket over boiling water Cover and steam 4 to 6 minutes or until crisp tender. Remove from steamer and cool on paper towels.
Stir together cream cheese and next three ingredients.
Roll each bread slice with a rolling pin to flatten. Spread 1 side of each slice with 2 tablespoons cream cheese mixture; top each with 1 ham slice.
Place 2 asparagus spears, tips pointed towards opposite ends on one end of each bread slice; roll up and place seam side down on a greased baking sheet. Brush with butter, sprinkle with paprika.
Bake at 400F for 12 minutes or until golden. Serve immediately. Garnish if desired
Average Member Rating
(0 / 5)
0 people rated this recipe