- Servings : 44
- 1/2 cup onion, finely chopped
- 1 Tbs olive oil or cooking oil
- 1 10 oz package frozen artichoke hearts, thawed and drained and finely chopped
- 1 egg
- 1 cup ricotta cheese
- 1 cup feta cheese (4 ounces), crumbled
- 2 Tbs fine dry breadcrumbs
- 2 Tbs parsley, snipped
- 2 Tbs fresh dill weed, snipped
- 1 tsp lemon peel, finely shredded
- 11 sheets frozen phyllo dough, thawed
- 1/2 cup margarine or butter, melted
Cook onion in olive oil in a large skillet till tender but not brown. Add artichoke hearts. Cook uncovered for 5 minutes or till liquid has evaporated. Remove from heat.
Beat egg in a large bowl. Add ricotta cheese and crumbled feta cheese. Mix well. Add artichoke mixture, crumbs, parsley, dill weed, and lemon peel. Mix well,Cover and chill about 1 hour,
Unroll phyllo sheets. Cut lengthwise into fourths. Place one strip at a time on a flat work surface. Place a damp cloth over remaining sheets to prevent them from drying out.
Brush phyllo strip with melted butter or margarine. Spoon 1 tablespoonful filling on bottom left corner. Fold right hand corner over filling, forming a triangle. Continue folding strip at right angles till the end of the strip is reached. Place triangle on ungreased baking sheet. Brush triangle with butter. Repeat with remaining phyllo strips and filling.
Bake in a 375F oven for 15 to 20 minutes or till triangles are golden brown. Serve warm
Average Member Rating
(0 / 5)
0 people rated this recipe