Virginia Peanut Soup2014-12-31
- Cuisine: American
This recipe serves 6
- 4 Tbs butter Butter, without salt
- 1 very small onion, finely chopped Onions, raw
- 2 stalks celery, finely chopped Celery, raw
- 4 Tbs flour Wheat flour, white, all-purpose, enriched, unbleached
- 4 cups chicken broth Soup, chicken broth, canned, prepared with equal volume water, commercial
- 1 cup peanut butter, 1/2" cubes Peanut butter, smooth style, with salt
- 1/2 tsp celery salt Spices, celery salt
- 2 tsp lemon juice Lemon juice, raw
- chopped peanuts to garnish Peanuts, all types, dry-roasted, without salt
Melt butter in a large pan. Add onion and celery. Saute 5 mins but do not brown. Add flour and stir to blend well. Pour in chicken broth and simmer 30 mins. remove from heat and strain.
Stir in peanut butter, salt celery salt and lemon juice. Reheat but do not boil.
Garnish with chopped peanuts