Tomato Soup al HA2015-01-07
- Cuisine: American
This recipe serves 6
- 1 1/2 cups onions, coarsely chopped Onions, raw
- 1 28 oz can good quality tomatoes
- 6 whole cloves Spices, cloves, whole
- 1 1/2 cups vegetable juice Tomato and vegetable juice, low sodium
- 2 Tbs dried basil, or 3 tbsp finely chopped fresh Spices, basil, ground
- 3 Tbs flour Wheat flour, white, all-purpose, enriched, unbleached
- 2 cups milk Milk, reduced fat, fluid, 2% milkfat, with added vitamin A
- 3 Tbs butter Butter, without salt
- 1 Tbs fresh garlic, minced Garlic, raw
- 1 Tbs worcestershire sauce Sauce, Worcestershire
- 1/4 tsp pepper Spices, pepper, black
- 1 tsp season salt Salt, seasoned
- 1 tsp Mrs Dash seasoning
Combine first five ingredients and simmer 35 mins. Remove cloves, and mash to a chunky puree. Simmer slowly.
In a separate pot, make a smooth white sauce from the remaining ingredients. Adjust the thickness, of sauce to thin,medium sauce.
After sauce is made and tomatoes simmer blend the two and check for seasonings. Simmer to reheat for about 10 mins.