Tomato Soup a la HA version 22015-03-16
- Cuisine: American
This is a lighter version and made with fresh tomatoes and herbs. You can change herbs to suit your taste. This recipe serves 6
- 1 1/2 cups onions, coarsely chopped Onions, raw
- 1/3 cup sliced celery Celery, raw
- 12 med/large tomatoes, chopped, peeled if you are not going to puree at the end.
- 6 whole cloves Spices, cloves, whole
- 1 1/2 cups Vegetable juice Tomato and vegetable juice, low sodium
- 1 tablespoon each finely chopped herbs, I use Thyme,Parsley,Basil&Rosemary
- 1/2 cup roasted sweet pepper, finely chopped Peppers, sweet, red, roasted
- 1 Tbs minced garlic Garlic, raw
- 1 Tbs sugar Sugars, granulated
- 1 Tbs worstershire sauce
- 1 Tbs Wurz or Maggi seasoning
- 1/4 tsp pepper Spices, pepper, black
- 1 tsp season salt Salt, seasoned
- 1/2 tsp lemon pepper Spices, lemon-pepper seasoning
Combine first 6 ingredients and simmer 35 mins. Remove cloves and mash into a chunky puree. Add remaining ingredients. Simmer 20 mins. Taste.
If you wish to make it a cream of tomato soup add 1 cup of half and half and blend. If in the U.S. you can buy Land O' Lakes Fat Free 1/2 &1/2.
Puree if you wish a smooth soup and reheat if needed. Do not boil as it will separate.