Thyme Carrot Soup2015-03-05
- Cuisine: American
This recipe serves 4
- 6 cups chicken stock Soup, chicken broth, canned, prepared with equal volume water, commercial
- 1 1/2 lbs carrots, cut in 1" pieces Carrots, raw
- 1 large onion, minced Onions, raw
- 6 Tbs butter Butter, without salt
- 1/2 cup heavy cream Cream, fluid, heavy whipping
- 1 1/2 Tbs fresh thyme, minced Spices, thyme, ground
- freshly grated nutmeg,salt and pepper to taste
In a large pan combine chicken stock and carrots, bring to boil and simmer covered for 20 mins til tender
In processor, puree in batches and place in another pan. Saute onion in butter over moderate heat stirring for 3 mins. and add to the carrot puree with cream, thyme, nutmeg, salt and pepper. Check seasoning . Bring to boil and simmer 5 mins then let stand, covered for 5 mins to let flovours blend.
Ladle into heated bowls.
Average Member Rating
(0 / 5)
0 people rated this recipe