Smoked Salmon and Onion Cheesecake2015-03-11
- Cuisine: American
Good for a fish course This recipe serves
- 3 Tbs butter plus butter to grease spring form pan
- 1/4 cup fine dry breadcrumbs Bread crumbs, dry, grated, plain
- 5 Tbs parmesan cheese Cheese, parmesan, grated
- 1/2 cup finely chopped onion Onions, raw
- 1/2 cup finely chopped green pepper Peppers, sweet, green, raw
- 1/3 lb thinly sliced smoked salmon Finfish, salmon, chinook, smoked
- 3 1/2 packages (8oz) cream cheese Cheese, cream
- 4 large eggs Egg, whole, raw, fresh
- 1/3 cup heavy cream Cream, fluid, heavy whipping
- 1/2 cup grated Gruyere cheese Cheese, gruyere
- salt and pepper, to taste Peppers, sweet, red, cooked, boiled, drained, with salt
Grease a 9 inch spring form pan. Sprinkle the inside with bread crumbs combined with 2 tbsp of parmesan cheese. Shake crumbs around the bottom and sides.
Saute onion and green pepper in 3 tablespoons butter until soft but not browned. Cool slightly.
Finely dice the salmon.
In a large bowl, beat the cream cheese until smooth. Beat in the eggs one at a time until well combined. Beat in the heavy cream.
Fold the onion/pepper mixture, salmon, Gruyere cheese and remaining 3 tablespoons of parmesan into the cream cheese mixture. Salt and pepper to taste.
Pour the batter into the prepared pan and shake gently to level. Place the pan in a water bath with about 2 inches of boiling water around it.
Bake at 300 degrees F for 1 hour and 20 minutes. Turn off the oven and let cake set for another hour. Let cool in pan out of water bath for another 2 hours before refrigerating.