A fabulous Creole dish from New Orleans on which every cook puts their spin. This one is easy and great.
- 2 lbs freshly cooked shrimp
- 1 Tbs creole mustard
- 1/2 Tbs paprika
- dash cayenne pepper
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 2 Tbs tarragon vinegar
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1 cup mayonnaise ( low fat is OK)
- 1 Tbs green pickle relish
- 1/2 cup capers (coarsely chopped)
- 1/3 cup coarsely chopped green onions
- 1/4 cup very finely chopped celery
- 1/4 cup finely chopped parsley
- 1/4 cup ketchup
Prepare sauce by combining all ingredients except Shrimp Taste carefully for flavour. Toss in the shrimp and chill. Plate or place in tall sherbet glass garnish with finely shredded lettuce.