Shrimp And Chutney Dip2013-06-20
- Cuisine: American
- Course: Appetizers and Snacks
- Skill Level: Easy
A bit of Indian flavours will be noticed and disappear
- 1 lb medium shrimp (about 32), shelled and deveined
- 1 8 oz package cream cheese, softened
- 1/4 cup Major Grey's Mango Chutney, solid pieces chopped fine
- 1 Tbs curry powder
- 1 small clove garlic, minced
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 2 Tbs milk
- 1/4 tsp salt or to taste
- crackers or melba toast
Into a large saucepan of boiling salted water plunge shrimp and simmer until just cooked through , about 1 to 2 minutes.
Drain shrimp in a colander and rinse under cold water. Pat dry and chop fine.
In a bowl, stir together cream cheese, chutney, curry powder, and garlic until smooth. Stir in shrimp, sour cream, milk, salt and pepper to taste and transfer dip to a serving bowl. Dip may be made 1 day ahead and chilled covered. Serve dip with crackers or melba toast.
Average Member Rating
(0 / 5)
0 people rated this recipe