Shrimp and Caesar Salad2015-03-10
- Cuisine: American
This recipe serves 6
- 9 slices rye bread, crusts removed
- olive oil Oil, olive, salad or cooking
- 10 cups water Water, municipal
- 1/2 cup dry vermouth, dry white wine or fresh lemon juice
- 2 Tbs pickling spice Spices, pickling spice
- 4 cloves garlic, flattened
- 2 lbs uncooked large shrimps, peeled and deveined
- 3 large heads romaine lettuce, torn into pieces Lettuce, cos or romaine, raw
- 3 cups frshly grated romano cheese
- Caesar salad dressing
- pepper, freshly ground Spices, pepper, black
- paper thin slices of Romano cheese
- lemon wedges Lemon juice, raw
Preheat oven to 300F. Brush bread with oil. Cut into 1" cubes. Arrange cubes on heavy cookie sheet . bake until crisp and golden brown, about 10 mins. Cool completely. Can be done 1 day ahead and stored airtight.
Bring water, vermouth, pickling spice and garlic to a boil in large pot. Add shrimp and cook until just pink, about 2 minutes. Drain shrimp. place in large bowl . cover and refrigerate until well chilled.
Toss lettuce, grated romano cheese croutons and shrimps with dressing in a large bowl. Season with pepper. Divide onto plates and top with cheese slices. garnish with lemon wedges.