- Cuisine: American
Glenys’ recipe and the best I’ve had. Rich but Soooo good This recipe serves 6
- 1 1/2 cups finely sliced onions Onions, raw
- 1 1/2 lbs potatoes, peeled and finely sliced Potatoes, raw, flesh and skin
- 4 Tbs flour Wheat flour, white, all-purpose, enriched, unbleached
- 1 1/2 tsp salt Salt, table
- 1/2 tsp black pepper Spices, pepper, black
- 1 1/2 cups milk Milk, reduced fat, fluid, 2% milkfat, with added vitamin A
- 1 1/2 cups whipping cream 35% BF
Preheat oven to 350.
Baking dish with at least 2" to spare when potatoes and onions are in it - cream bubbles up and may spill over.
Mix flour, salt and pepper in a small bowl.
Layer the potatoes and the onions in dish, sprinkling the flour mixture between the mixture. Cover dish tightly with foil.
Bake in oven for 1 hour, remove foil and bake for 1 hour more. If you double the recipe you may have to adjust the cooking time.