- Cuisine: American
This recipe serves 8
- 1 Tbs olive oil Oil, olive, salad or cooking
- 4 bunches scallions, trimmed,white parts cut in 1"pieces&green in1/4"pieces
- 8 cups chicken stock Soup, chicken broth, canned, prepared with equal volume water, commercial
- 1 sprig tarragon, leaves removed and chopped, stem reserved
- 1/4 tsp salt (taste first)
- freshly ground pepper Spices, pepper, black
In a large heavy-bottomed pot, heat the oil over medium-high heat. Add the white parts of the scallions and saute until they are soft--two minutes.
Then pour in the stock and add the tarragon stem, salt (if needed) pepper
Reduce the heat and cook the mixtureat a strong simmer, uncovered, for 30 mins. Discard stem.
Add to the pot the tarragon leaves and green parts of scallions. Cook til green pieces are tender---about 4 mins.
Serve at once