Sausage And Asiago-Stuffed Mushrooms2014-01-04
- Servings : 8
Some of the best stuffed mushrooms you will ever have. Simple and easy to make.
- 24 fresh mushrooms, 1 1/2-2 " diameter
- 4 oz bulk sweet Italian sausage (I used hot)
- 2 Tbs onion, finely chopped
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1/4 cup seasoned fine dry bread crumbs
- 1/4 cup Asiago Cheese, finely shredded
- 1/4 cup roasted red sweet peppers, finely chopped and well drained
- 2 Tbs fresh basil leaf, snipped
- 1/8 tsp ground black pepper
- 2 Tbs olive oil
Preheat oven to 425F. Clean mushrooms with a damp paper towel. Remove stems; chop enough stems to make 2/3 cup. Set aside. Place mushrooms stemside down in a 15x10x1 " baking pan. Bake for 5 mins.Meanwhile, in a medium skillet, cook the chopped stems, sausage, (I chopped mine finer that it was), onion and garlic until sausage is thoroughly cooked. Drain sausage mixture into colander; return to skillet. Stir in bread crumbs,cheese, roasted red sweet pepper, basil and black pepper.Carefully turn mushrooms stem side up. Brush edges of mushrooms with oil , (I sprayed with PAM) Spoon about 1Tbsp filling into each mushroom cap. Bake, uncovered for 8-10 mins more or til heated through Serve immediately for best flavour but can be served at room temperature as well.