Roasted Red Pepper and Tomato Soup2015-01-13
- Cuisine: American
Rich in colour and a great starter This recipe serves 6
- 2 large sweet red peppers Peppers, sweet, red, cooked, boiled, drained, with salt
- 1 large tomato Tomatoes, red, ripe, raw, year round average
- 2 Tbs olive oil Oil, olive, salad or cooking
- 2 cups onion (red perferred), chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced Garlic, raw
- 2 cups Chicken stock Soup, chicken broth, canned, prepared with equal volume water, commercial
- 1/4 tsp dried thyme Spices, thyme, ground
- 1 bayleaf
- 1 1/2 tsp balsamic or red wine vinegar or lemon juice
- pinch cayenne pepper
- salt to taste Salt, table
On baking sheet, roast red peppers and tomato in 375F oven for 45 minutes til puffed and slightly browned. Discard stems and press through food mill or sieve to puree and remove seeds and skin.
Meanwhile in a pan heat oil over medium heat; cook onions and garlic, stirring occasionally for 5 mins or til onions are translucent.
Add stock,thyme, bay and pureed pepper mixture, bring to boil. Reduce heat and simmer, covered until onions are tender. Remove bay leaf.
If desired, Puree in blender or processor. Season with vinegar, cayenne and salt to taste
Average Member Rating
(0 / 5)
0 people rated this recipe