Potato Soup with Vegetables2015-01-22
- Cuisine: American
Delicate flavoured soup brightened with vegetables This recipe serves 4
- 1 lb potatoes Potatoes, raw, flesh and skin
- 2 leeks Leeks, (bulb and lower leaf-portion), raw
- 2 oz butter Butter, without salt
- 4 cups water/chicken broth
- 1/4 cup cream Cream, fluid, heavy whipping
- salt and pepper Peppers, sweet, red, cooked, boiled, drained, with salt
- 2 carrot Carrots, raw
- 2 zucchini Squash, summer, zucchini, includes skin, raw
- 1 stalk celery Celery, raw
- 2 Tbs chopped parsley Parsley, raw
Peel potatoes, cut washed leeks into thin slices. Melt butter in pan, add leeks and cook 5 mins. Add potatoes and water. Bring to boil,reduce heat and simmer, covered, 30 minutes.
Puree in batches in a blender. Add cream and seasonings.
Scrape the carrots and cut into thin strips 2 in. long. Cut zucchini into thin 2 in strips as well. Bring saucepan of water to boil, add vegetables and cook 2 mins; drain well and add to the soup.
Stir in parsley
Average Member Rating
(0 / 5)
0 people rated this recipe