Potage Saint-Germain from the Magic Pan Restaurant2014-12-28
- Cuisine: American
This recipe serves
- 1 1lb ham bones
- 4 1/2 cups water Water, municipal
- 2 cups chicken stock Soup, chicken broth, canned, prepared with equal volume water, commercial
- 2 cups spilit peas, rinsed
- 2/3 cup leek or green onions, chopped
- 1/3 cup carrot, finely chopped Carrots, raw
- 1/3 cup celery, finely chopped Celery, raw
- 1/2 tsp sugar Sugars, granulated
- 1/8 tsp marjoram, crushed Spices, marjoram, dried
- 1/8 tsp ground pepper Spices, pepper, black
- 2 1/2 cups milk Milk, reduced fat, fluid, 2% milkfat, with added vitamin A
- 1 cup whippping cream
- 3/4 cup cooked ham, finely chopped Turkey ham, cured turkey thigh meat
- 3/4 cup cooked chicken, finely chopped Soup, chicken broth, canned, prepared with equal volume water, commercial
Place ham bone in large pot. Add water chicken stock and peas. Bring to boil over medium heat. Skim. Reduce heat and simmer , stirring occasionally, 30 minutes.
Add vegetables and seasoning and continue to simmer gently, stirring occassionally, 30-40 mins or until peas are very soft and mixture is thick. Remove ham bone. Gradually stir in milk and cream.
Add ham and chicken. Simmer, stirring occasionally, 10 mins. Adjust seasoning if needed.
Serve with a shot of sherry
Average Member Rating
(0 / 5)
0 people rated this recipe